SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER
Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great product with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
As the Social Producer, you are at the center of the Nixon community. You are the real person behind the Nixon social media – curating, creating, and sharing out awesome content, engaging with Nixon fans and customers, and collaborating with like-mined partners. You also work every day with our North American team of Nixon athletes, artists, and activists – from accomplished action sports athletes to the young kids on the flow team. You make sure we share out their content, stoke them out, and stay in touch regularly in the DMs. What’s more, you will be Nixon’s eyes and ears on the ground at SoCal events ensuring we are actively in the mix. You are all about building love for the Nixon brand, social media savvy (on top of emerging trends and technologies) and excited about new ways to engage our community.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- As an expert in organic social media, you will actively leverage new trends, emerging technologies and ensure that best practices are applied
- Plan and curate all organic social media with direction from Global Brand Content Manager
- Source content internally through Editorial Calendar and externally through the Nixon Team
- Assist in curating Nixon’s unique brand voice with authenticity and constantly across all communications with direction from Global Brand Content Manager
- Interact with people following our feed and feeds of other like-minded brands – engage in discussions, field questions, re-direct negative comments to Customer Service
- Create product content for “stories” and act as eye/ears at SoCal events
- Propose and manage seasonal social media activations
- Regularly communicate with North American Team: know their travel/project plans, seek product & content feedback, communicate requests for additional product support
- Distribute digital brand assets to North American Team and regional accounts
- Collaborate monthly with Nixon regional offices and distributors to align social media efforts
- Working with product and marketing, develop and execute social media campaigns/activations to support the launch of new seasons, products and collaborations
- Assist in casting for studio shoots through identifying talent through social media
- Work closely with our global digital marketing team on identifying integration points between organic social and paid social, process for micro influencers, and ensuring a holistic go-to-market calendar for organic social with other marketing channels.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communication, or video production preferred
- 3+ years of experience with managing brand social media accounts
- 3+ years of experience in developing brand content and activations
- 3+ years of experience in action sports industry
- Portfolio of professional experience required
Technical Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok Twitter, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong understanding of design principles; Proficient with multi-media production apps
- Proven social media success (campaign execution, growth strategies, giveaways)
- Insider’s understanding of action sports (athletes, events, brands, trends)
- Professional communication skills, ability to project-manage
- Copywriting experience (AP Style preferred)
- Ability to work at a fast pace, while spotting trends and pitching new ideas
- Proactive, self-directed, positive outlook
- Problem solving, critical thinking
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Position based in Carlsbad, California, USA. Primarily on-site presence, with some remote work.
Are you ready to be a part of this! Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Social Producer in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA
Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!