ECOMMERCE & SEO CONTENT SPECIALIST
Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great products with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We are proud of more than 20+ years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic, and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics, and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big.
Nixon is seeking an experienced eCommerce & SEO Content Specialist to join our team. As the eCommerce & SEO Content Specialist you will focus on writing concise, compelling SEO-friendly copy amongst various digital channels with the goal of driving customer engagement and action, while ensuring the Nixon voice is accurately represented online. This role will work alongside the Site Operations and Creative Studio teams to establish and reinforce the brand's tone and messaging for Nixon.com. The ideal candidate will come into this role with exceptional skills in SEO copywriting, best practices and communication.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop highly effective, original, SEO-enhanced content for Nixon’s eCommerce website and digital channels which includes but is not limited to:
- Onsite content for Nixon.com (product descriptions, collections pages)
- General interest blogs & articles, How-tos, Buying Guides
- YouTube & other video provider descriptions
- Amazon Marketplace
- Social Media
- Help plan and build quality indexable content for improved SEO and site performance related meta data, meta descriptions, titles and other aspects of SEO.
- Apply current market trends, search engine optimization (SEO) and user experience (UX) best practices when creating content.
- Work closely and collaboratively with creative and content teams to strategize, brainstorm, concept and execute on deliverables.
- Work with product marketing teams to understand customer segments, go-to-market strategies, unique selling proposition, customer research, and competitive advantages to create compelling campaigns and messaging that persuasively convey the value of Nixon products.
- Execute keyword research to help drive the strategic investment in content that captures the existing, organic traffic around topics (and product categories) that Nixon could contribute to.
- Be an expert in copy across digital channels with a strong understanding of how copy influences customer behavior throughout the shopping experience.
- Interpret creative direction from briefs into copy that converts.
- Stay up to date with copy trends and generate new ideas to draw the consumers attention.
- Share knowledge drawn from your experiences with ecommerce copywriting and best practices.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- 3+ years of ecommerce copywriting in a digital agency or in-house creative team setting
- 3+ year of SEO knowledge
- Previous copywriting, and product launch experience is required
- Agency management experience is a plus
- Exceptional ability to write powerful and persuasive copy for digital channels
- Strong brainstorming and concepting expertise
- Strong strategic thinking with a focus on being solutions oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with preference to work collaboratively as a team and develop good working relationships, but can successfully work independently to achieve results
- Ability to work within brand guidelines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Preferred: Skills utilizing SEO planning, site crawling and research tools such as SEM Rush and Screaming Frog
Come join the Nixon Team! Please send your resume to email@example.com and include eCommerce & SEO Content Specialist in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA. Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!